Monday, October 24, 2011

Musing Mondays Weekly Meme

Musing Mondays is a weekly Meme hosted my Should Be Reading, where MizB will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This weeks question is.....


 Do you listen to audiobooks? Why, or why not?

I've got to say I really don't. I have looked at some many time but they just don’t seem to have the allure that a real book does. I guess in a way I kind of feel like its cheating, plus I don’t want someone else putting certain emotions into the words. That’s one of the things I love about reading....I get to interpret and figure out what the characters are feeling :)

3 comments:

Kristan said...

I don't really listen to audio books either. The only ones I have on my ipod are the Harry Potter series and they're my favorite to listen to at night while I'm trying to sleep. Other than those, I don't have any other aduiobooks. They tend to be too expensive too.

Kristan

Latoya said...

I do listen quite often mostly in the car. Hi, I am now following your blog.

Miz Creatrix said...

Audio books are not for me either--it does feel like "cheating"! Its not the same as becoming lost in a novel that you actually are holding in your hands while the words can become impressed upon your brain.