Sunday, November 6, 2011

Musing Mondays Weekly Meme

Musing Mondays  is a weekly Meme where MizB will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This weeks question: Other than for school, do you read books to learn how to do something? What was/were the topic(s)?

To be honest I almost never read "How To" books outside of school. I use the books I read as a vacation for my mind so I normally like to read something fun and enchanting :) That being said, I am an artist and have bought many books on technique with painting and drawing! Here are some of my paintings, but they look much better in person :)

Impressionistic Style: Acrylic on Canvas

Elon University Landscape: Acrylic on Canvas

7 comments:

CYP @ A Bookalicious Story said...

Those will look better in person?? But they're so beautiful already! Wow, lol, they're really nice. I don't read much how-to books too, haha. Too boring for me.XP

CYP
A Bookalicious Story

diaryofadomesticgoddess said...

Wow! Those paintings are stunning!

Here’s my Musing Mondays post. :)

The Happy Booker said...

Wow Cassie! You're really talented!

Kirsten Mortensen said...

Your paintings are beautiful!!! Hard to believe they could look better in person...

Here's my MM -- http://kirstenmortensen.com/musing-mondays-cannot-tell-a-lie.htm

caite said...

especially love that first one...

and I do use "how to" books. I find I can learn a lot from them..

Cass said...

Thank you everyone!! :D

Barbra said...

Beautiful work!!!