Monday, November 14, 2011

Musing Mondays Weekly Meme

Musing Mondays  is a weekly Meme where MizB will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic

This weeks question: Are you currently collecting any authors? Why? Do you have all of their books? If not, why not?
Did you buy all the books in the collection at the same time, or did you buy a book here, a book there? Have you actually read all of the collection? If not, why not?

Well the problem is, just because I may like one book or series from an author doesn't mean I will like the next. There are many series that I love and collect all the books but as far as all books by one author I have only collected all of Rachel Vincent's works. It started with her Shifters series which I loved and highly recommend to paranormal romance lovers, then I saw she had a YA series so I tried that too. Although I took a hugh leap of faith and went ahead and bought the first four books in the series I didn't end up reading them till weeks later. Luckily I really liked her YA series once I got around to them. Vincent is very nice and always tries to reply back to comments from her fans and that makes me love her that much more. I haven't bought the book in her new adult paranormal series "Blood Bound" but I'm sure I will love it as well :)

Shifter Series

Soul Screamers Series

Check out Rachel Vincent's Site Here

4 comments:

diaryofadomesticgoddess said...

Very true - I'm a series collector too. :)

Here’s my Musing Mondays post. :)

CYP @ A Bookalicious Story said...

I agree with a lot of what you said, Cassie. Firstly it's the I may not like the rest of the series even if I did like one of them part. It happened to me a few times already. Secondly, I really love it when an author replies to my messages/emails/comments. It shows that they really care and that they're, well, nice. I'm a big fan of some of them, and I'd really like it if they knew it and took notice.

I like how your post is so organized and easy to read. Great post!:)

Amy said...

Great collections! I have most of them too! :)

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/11/monday-musings.html

readinginwinter said...

There are some series books that I've read where I've gotten mid-way through or to the end and just wasn't satisfied. Series' that started good but just failed in my eyes. In that case, I usually own all the books to begin with and I'll just donate them to the library. But I do love collecting works by my favourite authors ... sometimes I'll have to give them a reread to really love them!