Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Want To Give As Gifts!

Top Ten is a weekly Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that one of there bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer.

Top Ten Books I Want To Give As Gifts

Name: The Giving Tree
Author: Shel Silverstein

Why? This is one of those sweet simple books that you can give to anyone who has given so much to you to let them know what they mean to you. Warning! It may make you cry :)





Name: A Christmas Carol
Author: Charles Dickens

Why? Come on, this is your classic Christmas Story! Everyone needs to read it and if you learn nothing else at least you will know where the phrase "Bah-Humbug" and "Don't be such a Scrooge" came from :)





Name: Summer Sisters
Author: Judy Blume

Why? This is one of those cute coming of age books you will want to give to a best friend or a sister and then sit down and reminisce over all the stupid things you used to do as kids :)





Name: The Gargoyle
Author: Andrew Davidson

Why? Because it is my absolute fav and I would love to share it with others. Warning! Its kinda gory and not a light read.






Name: What my girlfriend doesn't know
Author: Sonya Sones

Why? I just finished this one and really loved it. I think I would gift it to my 13 year old niece to help explain a little of what being a teenager is all about :)






Other Top Tens:
Angelology
Trussoni, Danielle

Evernight (Evernight, #1)
Gray, Claudia

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
Mead, Richelle

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane
Howe, Katherine

Brian's Song
Blinn, William

No comments: