Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Author Interview and Blog Tour Sign Up's-Sign up for a Sexy Paranormal Romance Tour


I am so excited to have Emily Guido, author of Charmeine here today for an author interview! Charmeine, the first book in The Light-Bearer Series is going on tour and you can sign up now! Read after Emily's Fabulous interview to sign up for your spot in the tour!

Thank you for stopping by Shadow Kisses Book Reviews! First off, how has your week been?
Very well! I've been very happy because I got notice I will be featured on Amazon Romance Blog on March 25 at 5:00 p.m. for 5 out of 5 star review.

1. What inspires you in your writing?
I feel inspired by many things and it’s hard to pin it down, but I wrote “Charmeine” because I had a story in my mind of two people which were total opposites and how they had to come together to fight for their very existence. There were only two or three times in my life that I have ever had an idea so clear in my mind. When I become inspired, I become obsessed so it is a double-edged sword. I spent a lot of time sitting up editing my work. However, when I create the story, the words just drip off my fingers and I can’t keep up with the typing.

2. How do you go about creating the perfect "Swoon" worthy man?
Ah yes, the man. It should not be so, but between us… it always comes down to the gorgeous, eye-popping, heart-throbbing man! They are always a treat to the eyes. I love tall, dark-haired, half-shaven, dressed nicely, built, athletic, and most of all smoking eyes that can melt anyone with a look! I’m different than most women; I like a hero that is also damaged. Heroes such as Heathcliff, Mr. Rochester or Mr. Darcy, all are perfect in my eyes because they are warped on the inside. Then melt their icy inside when the love they never knew they needed comes into view and then into their arms.

3. If you could be any paranormal being, which would it be?
Well, ever since I was a little girl I have loved vampires… I guess I watched too many episodes of “Dark Shadows” after school. But I can remember one of my first novels besides “Little Women,” and “Boxcar Children,” was Bram Stoker’s “Dracula.” Not the best novel, I realize, for a child to read, but when I saw it at the library, I just pulled it off the shelf and started reading and I couldn’t stop. I would go to the library almost every day after school to read it because there would have been no way to sneak that book, “Dracula” past my Mom!

4. Has your childhood affected you as a writer?
Yes, it has for sure. I was the last child of a huge family of six boys. My only sister, Connie, died when she was 16 of Leukemia. She loved soap operas like “All My Children” and “Dark Shadows”. The fondest memories I have are being with her and watching the soaps with her and talking to her while she was lying in her hospital bed. She would gawk at the hunks and I wouldn’t know what she was talking about. However, it didn’t matter; we were together my sis and me. Later, whenever I did anything creative like play my violin, sing or act in a musical or play, I always thought of Connie and how she would have loved to had the chance to do that! I know she is up in Heaven just cheering me on with “The Light-Bearer Series” it really makes my heart happy to feel her influence in my life these many years past.

5. Your house is flooding and you only have time to grab three things, what are they?
Well, I have three cats. So, I guess the cats are it! However, if I could take anything more, it would be my violin and I would drag desperately to get my baby grand piano out the door.

6. What are the best and worst aspects of being an author?
For me, it was the being new part. Not knowing how to do even get my book out there. I sent about 75 emails to publishers. Then out of desperation really, I emailed Felicity Heaton and I asked her how she did it and became so popular being an Independent Author. I about bust one when she wrote me back! I couldn’t believe it! I thought all emails to famous people went to a clearing house or agency but she actually wrote me back a long email of wonderful tips and gave me encouragement. It was absolutely amazing that this busy and very talented person when out of her way to give me some advice. I took it, and here I am, clawing my way through all the problems of being an Author and loving every minute of it!

7. What goes into the recipe for a great paranormal romance?
Oh my, the perfect man, warped on the inside and drop-dead gorgeous on the outside. You need a woman who is not a weakling, but a strong, capable and formidable lady. I’m so through with women always having to be saved. “Charmeine” was written in my mind that my women characters were very independent, smart and sassy. Then you have to have the perfect mystery and mystical mix to make the pot nice and hot to boil in sexiness (smexy), action, and adventure.

8. Tell us about your book?
“Charmeine” is the first book in “The Light-Bearer Series”. Tabbruis, Charmeine’s love, is a vampire. However, I never said TabbruisTabbruis shares, along with his other blood-hunter buddies, all their rich eyewitness encounters with the most significant events of human history. Now, for the sexy part… Tabbruis and Charmeine are opposites and they attract just like magnets. Charmeine is Angelic and supposed to kill blood-hunters, and Tabbruis is Hellish and supposed to kill Light-Bearers. Though when they meet, the last thing they have on their mind is killing each other, quite the opposite! Now, to survive their forbidden love, they battle the Evil Elder Council that has put a price on their heads. In the series we find out that Charmeine has been given the task of being the Queen of the Light-Bearers and as such, she is given a Holy Edict from God to rid the Earth of evil in ALL forms along with her King of Darkness, Tabbruis, who is also the King of all the Blood-Hunters. This keeps Charmeine and Tabbruis busy. Nevertheless, Tabbruis and Charmeine are just like any couple, they are always on a rollercoaster of emotions and road-blocks which upset the balance of their relationship but they always seem to come together again.

9. What is your next project?
The second novel in “The Light-Bearer Series” is “Ransom” and it will be out hopefully in May 2012. I have finished it, and now, I’m editing it which is like pulling teeth for me. Writing is easy, editing is hard! “Ransom” is not like the name projects and not like the reader may think. It’s really a totally different take on the word. Charmeine and Tabbruis are put through more turbulence to get back on their feet; however, more twists and turns come into play. When I was writing it, I literally was off my seat just dying to get the words on the computer screen. I think the reader will be like me, centrifugal force will keep them wanting more.

10. Is there anything else you would like the readers to know?
Yes, have a good time reading. If you love romance and then don’t settle for anything less than two opposite lovers which when they come together, it is like centrifugal force and the longing and heart-wrenching drama is overwhelming to them and they cannot understand what happened. If you love paranormal action, you should be hit like lightning when it strikes a beach which makes these wonderful glass conflagrations in the sand. The sand melts with the force of the lightning. I think Paranormal Romance should have mystery but never possession just tons of magnetism that can’t be explained or overcame with power, wealth or sex. (Sex isn't romance for me.) Romance is deep, longing and connection with a little smexy rolled around it... but Paranormal is... Romance with a bite!


Emily is going on tour with her book, Charmeine! Be one of the tour stops by signing up below!

What people are saying about Charmeine:

"Charmeine" is a paranormal romance that is filled with mystery and romance, action, adventure, glimpse of history, spiraling plot points, solid back-story and wonderful intimate romance at its best. Charmeine and Tabbruis are a couple who, against all odds, have found each other again after being separated."

"Charmeine is unique and when I expected some cliché vampire thing to happen, BAM, something totally different and unexpected happened. "

"Take it from me, I'm glad I read it. I'll be reading the next one too."

Author Emily Guido is open to doing interviews, guest posts and giveaways. Charmeine is the first book in The Light-Bearers Series and contains an epic love story you don't want to miss.

Read more about Charmeine Here!
Visit The authors Website Here!

This Tour is now CLOSED. Thank you for signing up!

No comments: