I am so excited to welcome the talented author of the JOLIE WILKINS SERIES, and DULCIE O'NEIL SERIES H.P. Mallory, for an author interview and eBook giveaway of the first two books in her Jolie Wilkins Series! Keep reading for a fabulous interview and your chance to win some of these amazing books!
1. Thank you so much for joining me today on Shadow Kisses Book Reviews! First off, how has your week been?
Amazing! Today was my release day for Witchful Thinking and it's been a whirlwind!
2. What are the best and worst things about being an author?
Best are my readers for sure. It is such an amazing feeling when someone tells me how much they love my books. Always puts a huge smile on my face. The worst part is sticking to my deadlines because I have a tendency to procrastinate! LOL
3. You write about so many fabulous paranormal beings. Which ones are your favorites to write about?
I do love vampires, I must admit.
4. Do you have any funny quirks while writing?
Um, not really. I'm sort of boring. I just sit at my desk in my office and try to keep my cat from walking on the keyboard!
5. How do you go about making the hunky men you write about; Do you use actors as inspiration, or just make up your own dream man?
Nope, I completely make them up in my head. But having said that, I was an English Lit major in college so I've read pretty much all the famous romances--Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre being my favs. So I'm sure I shape my men based on my own thoughts and ideas as well as the influence of the classics!
6. If you were stranded on an island and could only have three things with you, what would they be? Three men--one who could build a boat, one who could navigate said boat and one who was really good at catching fish!
7. What is it about the paranormal romance world that inspires you?
I love the creativity and freedom I have. There aren't any rules. I can make stuff up in my head and I love that freedom!
8. You have so many terrific fans (including me) Is there anything else you would like the readers to know?
Just how much I love you guys! Without my readers, I never would have made it this far. Thank you all!!!
I started my writing career as a self-published author and was lucky enough to hit both the Amazon and the Barnes and Noble bestseller’s lists with my two series, the Jolie Wilkins series and the Dulcie O’Neil series.
After hitting both lists, I thought life couldn’t really get much better so you can imagine my surprise when Random House (Bantam imprint) signed me to write three books in the Jolie Wilkins series (Witchful Thinking, The Witch is Back and Something Witchy This Way Comes). Now I love the fact that I’m both a traditionally published author as well as a self-published one (with my Dulcie O’Neil series).
And even more cool news? The books in both series are currently being made into audio books! Stay tuned for more information…
Want to Learn More about H.P's Books?
Visit her Website Here!
Read my review of the Third book in the Jolie Wilkins Series, Witchful Thinking Here!
Books Up For Grabs!
H.P. Mallory is giving away an eBook copy of BOTH Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble and Toil and Trouble (Jolie Wilkins #1 and #2) to One Lucky Shadow Kisses Reader! Giveaway is international and you do not have to be a follower of this blog to enter but as always, it is much appreciated! Fill out the raffle below and Tweet/Comment/Follow for extra entries. Please read the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the raffle before entering. Good Luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway