Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Author Lola James Feature and Fate's Design Excerpt!

I am excited to announce author Lola James and the first book in her Fate Series, Fate's Design! Read an excerpt of the book below and find out more about Lola!

Title: Fate's Design
Author: Lola James
A summer vacation in Italy with her twin sister, Morgan, is just what Megan Romano needs. But instead of fun, wine, and relaxation, she finds unexpected romance. Alexandros DiPiero, a sexy and mysterious Italian businessman, falls for Megan the minute he lays eyes on her, but Megan knows it’s too good to be true.

Increasingly haunting dreams that warn of danger and destiny plague Megan’s every sleeping moment. As her nightmares become deadly and her love life heats up, Megan will come face to face with her worst fear.

Excerpt


I picked up my purse, slid on my flip-flops, and stepped out into the aisle to exit the plane before I tripped and fell in the aisle. I scrambled to my feet, embarrassed at my clumsiness. I swear I saw one of the flight attendants giggle at my fall. I heard Morgan humming again as she helped me up. She was always so damn happy about nothing.
The flight attendants had her same joy as they waved and smiled as we exited the Lufthansa plane. We walked to the next terminal and went through German customs. While we waited for our plane, I looked over at Morgan reading her People magazine.
"Morgan, I had another dream," I whispered.
Morgan looked up at me and closed the magazine. “Oh, Megan! Here you go again with the dreams that ‘mean something.’” She folded her arms across her chest and rolled her eyes. "It's just odd; I thought you didn’t want to be weird anymore."
"I don’t," was my only response.

Excerpt 


After I finished my gelato, I headed for the store that I’d seen Morgan go into. While looking in my bag to make sure I had everything, I walked straight into the chest of a stranger.
“Mi scusi,” he said in a dreamy baritone voice.
“No, excuse me. I mean, mi scusi,” I said, finally looking up.
“You speak English,” he said with a sexy Italian accent added to the velvety baritone as he smiled at me.
“Yes, I do. I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention,” I said, smiling back and embarrassed by my clumsiness.
“Don’t worry about it. I’m afraid my Blackberry stole my attention as well. Alexandros Di Piero, or Alex for short,” he said happily as he slid the Blackberry in his jacket pocket and extended his hand for me to shake. His eyes wondered over me like I was a prize.
“M-Megan Romano,” I said breathlessly as I offered my hand to him. I never told strangers my full name but I was so mesmerized that I didn’t hesitate. I held his hand and stared up into his eyes. I could not help but think that I had seen him before.


About the Author

Lola James has been reading romance novels since her teens, and fell in love with the paranormal after discovering Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles. Her love of the dark worlds of vampires and witches, as well as her fascination with Greek mythology led her to create the Spellbound Series, an ongoing Paranormal Romance combining all of the above into tales of suspense with a little bit of humor in an Urban Fantasy setting.

A long time lover of reading and writing with a passion for a great story, James became discouraged by the complicated and arbitrary publishing process, James had initially set down her laptop and her hopes of being a writer. However, with the purchase of her first e-reader, James became re-energized by the new possibilities for an undiscovered author to reach the masses. Dusting off her keyboard she finally finished Bound to Remember, the first book of the Spellbound Series and self-published it. Energized and ambitious, James is now hard at work on both the Spellbound Series as well as the Fate Series, a paranormal romance about dreams and what happens if they come true.

Living in Southern California with her husband and three beautiful children, James finds time to write in between her full-time job as a mother and wife as well as her other full-time job as an HR manager, as well as her academic schedule as she studies for her Master’s degree which she hopes to complete in 2013. With the success of Bound to Remember, James hopes to continue to reach an audience that will allow her to leave her HR job and focus on her writing as a full time career.

Find Lola at her Website * Blog * Twitter * Facebook

1 comment:

emaginette said...

Well, I'm interested. Thanks for posting this tidbit. :-)