Monday, March 5, 2012

Character Interview and Free Ebook! Touch of Fate by Christine Amsden


I am happy to welcome Christine Amsden, author of Touch of Fate for a creative Character Interview! In this guest post Christine has interviewed the main Character of her new book, Touch of Fate, which you can download for FREE through the 10th of March! Keep reading for an interesting interview and links to download your copy now!

Interview with Marianne Waters, Heroine of Touch of Fate

In celebration of “Read an eBook Week,” Touch of Fate will be available for free in electronic form. Here to help me celebrate is an exceptional woman, a prophetess and mother who has overcome incredible odds. I first met Marianne in 2003, when she told me a tale I simply had to relate in a short story, Signs. Later, I found out there was far more to the story, and so the novel, Touch of Fate, was born.

I recently had a chance to sit down and talk to Marianne. Here is what we had to say:

Christine (author): Hi, Marianne, it's so nice to see you again. We haven't talked in, what, four years?


Marianne: Something like that. How many months did we spend together? Then, suddenly, you dump me for that character with the attitude, Grace. Oh, yes, I know about her. And now it's someone new again, isn't it? Cassie Scot?

Christine: You're absolutely right. It's been way too long since you and I connected. You should come over to dinner next week.

Marianne: What are you making?

Christine: Lasagna.

Marianne: All right, you talked me into it. Can I bring anything?

Christine: How about the lasagna?

Marianne: *Groans* Do you actually have any real questions for me?

Christine: Actually, I've been curious how things have gone since the book ended, but I suppose that might spoil things. Maybe you can tell me at dinner next week?

Marianne: Only if you make the lasagna.

Christine: All right, all right! So, listen, for the readers out there who might want to get to know you, what can you tell them about your gift?

Marianne: You mean my curse?

Christine: So, you don't like it?

Marianne: Well, as you know, Bob....

Christine: Yeah, yeah.

Marianne: Seriously, don't you teach writing classes about things like that?

Christine: Yes, at Savvy Authors. Beginnings is in April, and World Building is in September. But, honestly, I don't think “As you know, Bob,” conversations are against the rules in an interview.

Marianne: They should be. It's boring to ask questions you already know the answers to.

Christine: All right, fine. Then let's ask you some new questions. You're a prophetess. Who's going to win the Republican Primaries this year?

Marianne: A republican. White. Male. Uninspiring.

Christine: Do you even know?

Marianne: No. Could be it's not set in stone. You know I only predict things I can't change. Oh, and while we're on the subject, who came up with that idea?

Christine: Um....

Marianne: How many books and shows are out there with these kick-butt psychics whose visions actually help them solve mysteries? Did you watch one of them and think, you know, that's too easy?

Christine: Yeah, kind of.

Marianne: Oh.

Christine: I mean, what's interesting about a supernatural power that ever-so-conveniently points you in the right direction with no consequences?

Marianne: *Mutters* I'd be interested. So would my daughter, by the way.

Christine: Oh, is she still doing the goth thing?

Marianne: Spoilers.

Christine: Oh yeah, sorry. So look, I mean, I realize it wasn't nice to give you the power to see the future with no power to change it, but I also gave you Derek. He's good looking.

Marianne: True.

Christine: So are we good?

Marianne: I'll think about it. If you visit more often.

Christine: I will, I will! It was nice catching up with you. I'll see you next week.

Marianne: Hey! Don't forget to tell people my story's going to be free this week. If you're too busy to spend time with me, at least you could give me some company.

Christine: Right! Free as an eBook for “Read an eBook Week” March 4-11. The print books still cost. (Printing costs being what they are. Signed copies are available through my web site.)

Marianne: Well, I guess I'll see you next week.

Christine: Thank you so much for talking to me.

Marianne: Thank you for writing about me.



About Christine

Christine Amsden has been writing science fiction and fantasy for as long as she can remember. She loves to write and it is her dream that others will be inspired by this love and by her stories. Speculative fiction is fun, magical, and imaginative but great speculative fiction is about real people defining themselves through extraordinary situations. Christine writes primarily about people and it is in this way that she strives to make science fiction and fantasy meaningful for everyone.

At the age of 16, Christine was diagnosed with Stargardt’s Disease, a condition that effects the retina and causes a loss of central vision. She is now legally blind, but has not let this slow her down or get in the way of her dreams. (Learn More Here)

Christine currently lives in the Kansas City area with her husband, Austin, who has been her biggest fan and the key to her success. They have two beautiful children, Drake and Celeste.

Learn more about Christine's books Here!

Touch of Fate


Marianne can predict the future but is powerless to alter its course. After a lifetime spent coming to terms with an ability that has cost her much, including her marriage, Marianne moves halfway across the country to make a fresh start and salvage her relationship with her daughter, who has inherited her terrible ability. Once there, Marianne is drawn to a group of women who share her ability. She starts to find meaning and purpose--until she finds one of them murdered. In the wake of the murder, Marianne is once again caught up in predictions she is powerless to change. Complicating matters, she finds herself falling in love with the handsome Detective Derek Richards--a man who, her daughter predicts, will become an intimate part of her future. Time is running out for Marianne. She must learn the truth--about herself, about her power, and about the murderer--before she becomes the next victim

Get the links to download your copy of Touch of Fate Here until the 10th!

1 comment:

Danielle Smiley said...

I downloaded it. Thanks so much!!!
Danielle
http://knowntoread.blogspot.com/