Monday, March 19, 2012

The Dirty Truth-a Meme for authors!

The Dirty Truth: A Meme for Authors
The time has come for Shadow Kisses to host its own meme! I love giving author interviews but I have noticed that a lot of us "review blogger" types tend to shy away from questions that pry too much or talk about the down side of writing. As an aspiring writer myself, a career I am choosing, I know that being an author is not all rainbows and sunshine, so I have designed this meme to focus on those personal questions we never ask authors. The Dirty Truth is a weekly meme where I ask authors one of those personal questions. The meme is posted at the beginning of the week but you can participate all week long, just link up!

Every week I will feature one author and show their answer to the question!
Want to be the next featured author? Contact me at deaton.cassie(at)yahoo(dot)com

To Participate:
1. Be an author or writer (you do not have to be published)
2. Answer the question below in a post on your site (or in the comments if you do not have a blog)
3. Grab the button code and include it in your post :)
4. Add your post to the linky or leave it in the comments on this weeks question, and be sure to visit other's posts!
The Dirty Truth


This weeks question:
Do you admire your own work?


This weeks featured Author: Shawn Kirsten Maravel
author of the  series!


Answer: As often as I cringe at my work, I admire my work, sometimes more so. In the eyes of an author their book will never be perfect but every now and then I'll stand back and be impressed or proud of a scene I wrote or even a whole book. It's a big accomplishment so it's hard not to admire your book when you're done. The book I admire most, to be honest, is The Wanderer. I am still just really really happy with how it turned out, and it's actually made writing my next book really hard. I feel like I've set a higher bar with that one and I want to make sure the next one is on par or better!

To read more about Shawn and her books Here

Be sure to link up and visit other authors!
Thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

R. M. Gilmore said...

Admire? No, not really. I am much more of a dweller, constantly questioning whether or not I should have done something different. That being said, I LOVE my character, Dylan Hart. There are certain lines or scenes that I laugh at, or with, even today. And I am the one that wrote it. She is such a strong character I forget she popped out of my brain. That, I admire. The fact that I created something that has become an entity all her own, even to me.

(Dylan Hart Odyssey of The Occult book #1, "The Scene", can be found on paperback and for Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00789GPFK)

LS Murphy said...

No, I admire other's novels, short stories, and novellas.

Normally, I want to rewrite it. And edit it. And rewrite it. And edit it. Even after it's published. It's a never ending cycle of torture and desire to make the work better.

I will LOVE my story idea, the plot, and the characters, but I am always striving to make the writing better.