Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hunted Tour Stop! Guest post and review-Follow your dreams!

I am excited to welcome Cheryl Rainfield, author of Scars to Shadow Kisses today to promote her new book, Hunted! Read after my review for Cheryl's guest post, and find out where you can get your own copy of Hunted today!


Title: Hunted
Author: Cheryl Rainfield
Genre: YA, Paranormal
My Rating:
Caitlyn is a telepath in a world where having any Paranormal power is illegal. Caitlyn is on the run from government troopers, who can enslave, torture, or even kill her, or make her hunt other Paranormals. When Caitlyn settles down in a city, she falls for Alex, a Normal (someone without Paranormal powers), which is dangerous because he can turn her in. And she discovers renegade Paranormals who want to destroy all Normals. Caitlyn must decide whether she's going to stay in hiding to protect herself, or take a stand to save the world.

A powerful novel about predigest and believing in the goodness of the human heart!

Caitlyn is a para, with the talent to hear others thoughts. The government has made it illegal to be a para and they are constantly on the lookout for suspicious behavior. Caitlyn and her mother have been on the run ever since her father was caught and killed and her brother was taken; Not an easy mission when the government uses paras against one another and tortures them if they don’t turn in other paras.

When the underground (a system of normals who help para’s) becomes untrustworthy, Caitlyn and her mother have to fly solo and end up in a town with the highest para capture rating….their defense? “What para in their right mind would move here? They must be normal!”

Caitlyn enrolls in school and quickly makes some friends…and enemies. She meets Alex, the hunky and sweet swim team captain, and instantly feels comfortable around him…and for some crazy reason he likes her too. Caitlyn starts to struggle with her feeling for Alex because it is just too dangerous to let people in.
Caitlyn also meets Rachel, a para-sympathizer, who understands what it’s like to be an outcast because she is a lesbian….and is, of course, attracted to Caitlyn. The two become fast friends and Caitlyn can’t believe things are going so well for her. Even with the constant threat of being discovered, it is nice to not be on the run for once….

One day Caitlyn is shocked to see a boy she knows in the library. Even though he is older she knows right away it is her long lost brother, Daniel. He is now working for the government and is tortured until he turns in other paras. It doesn’t take Caitlyn long to know her brother is hiding a secret, and when he wants her to help him fight she must decide what’s right.

Caitlyn touched my heart because no matter what humanity has done to her or her family, she still believed in the good in people. She always had hope that people could change, even when life showed her otherwise, and that is something not many can do.

I couldn’t believe some of the things that happened in this book out of hatred and it made me realize we, as humans, do this all the time. Just look at our past! 
But no matter what, I want to believe that people are basically good, and I always have hope for us, just like Caitlyn :)

The characters were strong and the world was well explained. I also think the action flowed very well, not to fast, but not too boring. If you are a fan of Rainfield’s Scars then you won’t be let down!




About the Author

I love to read. Books nurture me, helped me survive the abuse I endured as a child and teen. I also love to write.

I write both fantasy books and edgy, realistic fiction for teens.

My fantasy books often hold hope that I need, and feel others might need, too, while my realistic fiction is gritty, intense, and emotional. All of my books have fragments of the abuse I experienced. I write about some of the harsh things teens go through…things that I think shouldn’t be hidden. But I also write about healing, hope, and love, and finding courage and strength.

Guest Post

By Cheryl Rainfield

It can be tough to follow your dreams--especially if it's taking you a long time to get there--but it's so rewarding. It took me more than 10 years of rejections and more than 40 revisions to get my first book, SCARS, published. I'd known it could take me a while, but around the 8 or 9 year mark I started feeling despairing and hopeless, and so afraid I'd never get my dream, the dream that was a need inside me--to be published, to be heard. But when SCARS was finally published, it was one of the most healing experiences for me. And then the reader letters started pouring in, and that was so healing, too.

Now I have HUNTED out--and I think it's starting to reach people, too. HUNTED is a paranormal fantasy, but it's also about standing up to oppression, being who you really are, and trusting people you care about. For me, it's another piece of my dream--writing both a book with paranormal elements (I've wanted to since I was a teen reading Lois Duncan's books over and over to help me survive the abuse I was living through), and about cults or cult-like groups that oppress (something I know about firsthand, since my parents were part of cults) but in an accessible, entertaining way. I want my books to reach people, to move people...and to encourage positive change. That's another part of my dream. I'm so thankful that I've been hearing that happen.


Want more Cheryl? Find her here:* Website * 

Visit Synchronized Reading for another guest post by Cheryl
and don't forget to stop by Burning.x.Impossibly.x.Bright tomorrow for a review and giveaway!

2 comments:

kimba88 said...

This sounds cool and i loved your review. I cannot imagine hiding and being hunted like this..let alone having a positive outlook. Adding this one to my list

Giselle said...

This sounds like a really great read I've had my eye on it for a while I'm sure I would love it! Awesome review!