Sunday, March 18, 2012

Musing Mondays Meme-Covers and reviews


Musing Monday is a weekly event where MizB of Should Be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This weeks Question...Would you choose to review a book if its description sounded interesting but the cover was terrible?


Humm, good question, I'm going to answer by asking another question; How bad does the cover suck? I have to say that yes, I will still review the book but if the cover is really great or eye catching,
 like the ones made by those with a college degree in graphic design, I will review it sooner! This does sound horrible but sometimes getting your book noticed is all about "Curb Appeal".

3 comments:

caite said...

I think it is just human..we like attractive things! But where it is important when I first pick up a book, as to reviewing, not so much.

Amy said...

Love your answer! Eye catching covers usually are my selling point, but most times I am pleasantly surprised at what is on the inside. :)

Here's mine:

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/musing-mondays-movie-review-we-bought.html

Kwizgiver said...

I'm a total cover snob.