Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays-Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I have only gotten to read a few pages of this book because I have been so busy this month with blog tours and giveaways, but it is so good I had to pick more than two quotes :) 


Title: Slice of Cherry
Author: Dia Reeves


“I'm the Bonesaw Killer's daughter," she whispered, almost to herself. "Why would you ever think I was good?”

“But what was the point of love if it didn't keep people from leaving you?”

“Fancy clipped a scrap of newsprint to her canvas and wrote, I don't have friends.
Ilan's hand covered hers briefly as he plucked the charcoal from her hand and wrote beneath her words, you have me.”

“I caught her red-handed with her hands down his pants."
"You did not," Fancy told Madda sternly, with as much dignity as she was able. "It was just one hand.”

1 comment:

carly said...

Oooh, I love these teasers, Cass. I hadn't heard of the book before, so I am now off to check it out. Thanks for sharing :)