I would like to welcome the wonderful author, Ami Blackwelder for a guest post and spotlight on her new book She Speaks to Angels! Read after her fabulous guest post to learn more about her new paranormal romance :)
Travels to ThailandAmi BlackwelderHI! MY name is Ami Blackwelder, and while many of you know me as the romantic suspense author of paranormal, scifi, dystopian, historical, and soon to be steampunk, and urban...I am also a world travel!
Swadee Ca! That is ‘hello’ in Thai. Women say ca and men say cup. You say that after every sentence, it is polite. Unless you don’t want to be polite!
Cap Cun Ca means ‘thank you very much!’
There is also a very cool sky train which is a main form of transit, because it is cheap and will take you from one side of the city to the other quickly.
If you’ve been to NY in America, Bangkok is a bit like that in feeling. Rushing, work-oriented people. You might try fried banana or even fried bugs on the streets! But I spent most of my time in Jomtien/Pattaya area.
In Jomtien the main form of transport is the baht bus and motorcycle. Tourists and Thais alike fill up the baht buses which follow a predetermined path around the city. For just a little change you can go around the city in no time.
This area is known for the gatoys which are men that dress like women. The city is famous for it. There is even a show people pay to see called the Alcazar where all the women are actually men. Some of them are very women like!
I even took a motorcycle ride along the hills and coast of the islands. How picturesque and exhilarating! You know you are alive then!
My friend and I came up with a top 10 reasons you know your in Thailand:
1) When you see elephants crossing the roads
2) When baht busses are your main form of transportation
3) When you eat fried bananas all day
4) When you find yourself saying Swadee Ca and Cap Cun Ca in everyday conversation.
5) When you find yourself lost in the city of monkeys
6) When everyone is smiling even when they are mad
7) When people are offended by your feet
8) When everyone pays allegiance to one king
9) When an extra-extra large won’t fit your American small frame
10) When you could swear the girl on the street is actually a guy
Hope you enjoyed
Where I blog about books, travels and have special guests regularly!
Ami Blackwelder has a new release! She Speaks to Angels is a new YA Angel Thriller...read about it below!
Goodreads-Mark as "To-Read"