Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Dirty Truth-a Meme for authors! Occupational hazards to being a writer

The Dirty Truth: A Meme for Authors
The time has come for Shadow Kisses to host its own meme! I love giving author interviews but I have noticed that a lot of us "review blogger" types tend to shy away from questions that pry too much or talk about the down side of writing. As an aspiring writer myself I know that being an author is not all rainbows and sunshine, so I have designed this meme to focus on those personal questions we never ask authors. The Dirty Truth is a weekly meme where I ask authors one of those personal questions. The meme is posted at the beginning of the week but you can participate all week long, just link up!

Every week I will feature one author and show their answer to the question!
Want to be the next featured author? Contact me at deaton.cassie(at)yahoo(dot)com

To Participate:
1. Be an author or writer (you do not have to be published)
2. Answer the question below in a post on your site (or in the comments if you do not have a blog)
3. Grab the button code and include it in your post :)
4. Add your post to the linky or leave it in the comments on this weeks question, and be sure to visit other's posts!
The Dirty Truth


This weeks question:

Are there any occupational hazards to being a writer?

This weeks featured Author: Samantha Steele

Everyone you see becomes a character. I make up stories about people all the time. It happens in a split second. That guy in math class with a mustard stain on his shirt? He was having lunch when some hot girl came and sat down next to him. He was so startled, he dropped his sandwich, which fell open and slid down his front, thus the mustard stain. She laughed and said, "Oh I'm so sorry, I thought you were my boyfriend. You look just like him, except for the eyes!"

I make up excuses for people being late. I create back stories for frazzled waiters. I imagine the past lives of my neighbors based on their cars and shoes (shoes tell you so much about a person!). When I overhear a guy mention he just got dumped, I immediately paint his girlfriend as an evil bitch and imagine myself taking her place (haha

Read more about Samantha and her books Here

Remember to link up and visit others!

2 comments:

Patricia Lynne said...

I don't know if it's an occupational hazard, but I do tend to slack off on household duties and ignore my husband when I get into my writing. ^^;;

Bella Street said...

What a great idea! Count me in!

http://bellastreetwrites.blogspot.com/2012/04/cassie-over-at-review-blog-shadow.html