Monday, April 2, 2012

Review: Winging It! by Shel Delisle

Title: Winging It!
Author: Shel Delisle
Genre(s): YA, Paranormal>Angel
Publication Date: April 2012
My Rating:
She Just Wants to Fly.

When the time comes to pick a vocation, Angel-in-Training Grace Lightbourne asks The Big Kahuna for His permission to go straight to Earth on a mission as a Guardian Angel.

The problem?

She never was a great student and now she won't finish her last three years of school. To make matters worse, Archangel Michael isn't happy about her special assignment, but Grace is convinced this will be the fast track to her wings. How hard can it be? She's working with humans, after all.

Winging It! is a light-hearted teen novel about Angels, Heaven and everything else that's divine.

Words to describe this book? Cute, Cute, CUTE!

Grace isn’t the best angel in training but she wants her wings more than anything in the world.
When it comes time to declare a vocation, she ask the big man himself if she can skip school and go straight to being a Guardian on earth. Her first assignment is Tara, a grumpy teenager who has made friends with the wrong crowd.

Grace moves in as an exchange student with Tara’s family and quickly realizes this Guardian Angel stuff isn’t as easy as she thought it would be. Grace has never been the best student, and when she slacks off on her Angel In Training studies, she makes some BIG mistakes! Michael, the top Archangel, is always watching her every move, and if Grace doesn’t shape up fast she might end up a “Wingless One”.

This book is the perfect read for your young adult! It addresses family issues, peer pressure, and right and wrong. Delisle has the ability to put herself in a teenagers state of mind and really connect with that audience. I think my favorite parts were when the Guardian Angels would use their powers. There were all sorts of cool tricks Grace and her friends could do…freeze time, bi-locate, shrink, and so much more!

Grace also allows the reader to view our world through her eyes. Everything is new and interesting to Grace and it makes you appreciate the little things we take for granted. I highly suggest this read for any YA lover. Too Cute!
There is nothing I dislike more than when the character on the cover does not represent the character in the book….so it’s a good thing that this cover model looks exactly like how I imagine Grace. It also matches the style of the book…cute, bubbly and angelic. Giving this cover an A.
I recommend this book to YA lovers who especially love angel stories. If you like this book I suggest trying Delisle other book, Dolphin Girl

3 comments:

emaginette said...

Thanks for the review. Good to know and I'll tweet this one.

The other thing is I moving my blog from blogspot to

http://emaginette.wordpress.com/

Please follow me at my new address when you get a chance. Thanks.

Daisy TrendyMomReviews said...

I'm your newest follower! Follower #400 to be exact!

Daisy @ http://trendymomreviews.blogspot.com/p/current-contests.html

emaginette said...

I'm still working things out. There is a follow button at the top of the page, or follow by email. I haven't found Linky Widget for Wordpress yet, but I'm still looking.

If you like you can check back. :-)