Monday, September 2, 2013

Review: Blood and Snow series by RaShelle Workman

Title: Blood and Snow Series Books 1-12
Author: RaShelle Workman
Series: Blood and Snow
Genres: YA, Paranormal Romance 
My Rating:
EVERY THOUSAND YEARS THE VAMPIRE QUEEN SELECTS A NEW BODY, ALWAYS THE FAIREST IN THE LAND, AND THIS TIME SHE'S CHOSEN SNOW WHITE. BLOOD AND SNOW: Snow White isn't an ordinary girl. She doesn't know that yet. REVENANT IN TRAINING: Snow has become something not quite human. She must discover how to live with the changes, hopefully without killing anyone. THE VAMPIRE CHRISTOPHER: Snow White craves blood. Especially the blood of her Hunter. But will drinking from him save or enslave her? BLOOD SOAKED PROMISES: Snow White must come to terms with her bloodlust. It's one thing to drink the blood of her Hunter, something else entirely to drink the blood of a human....Read more synopsis HERE

Snow White, Vampires, Hunters, Pixies,...throw in a few more Disney characters and you have yourself a big paranormal mess...

This is a review of the whole Blood and Snow series through book 12. I was loaned this book by my sister, who loved the series and wanted to get my opinion.  My opinion?.....meh.

The series has a strong lead character, Snow, who is very easy to like and respect. Snow is a tom boy in high school who has seven hot next-door neighbors and a mentor they call Professor Pops. Of course this is probably starting to should familiar...a take on the old Disney movie, Snow White. The author managed to mush a bunch of fairy tales (maybe to many) and paranormal creatures together, to make a unique story that is also a bit over done. I think some of the elements could have been left out and would have made a cleaner story (does that make sense?)

All in all I did like the characters and the romance. I also liked some of the twist and turns the author put in the story. They are all rather short novellas and make for an easy rainy day read. Snow is marked as the Vampire Queens next body (she must take over a new body to continue living) and now is a Revenant (a human turned vampire that will not meet her full potential until she consumes her true loves heart). But, if she can find her true love and kiss him before this happens, she will turn back into a human (only Snow doesn't realize she was never fully human to begin with). Everyone believes she is the one that can finally stop the Vampire Queens reign. 

I was left with some questions and a little confused in some spots, but I wouldn't necessarily disregard this series. It had its interesting points. If you read it, let me know what you think.
Snow is a awkward tom boy, who was even shy at times, so when I saw the model on the cover of the books, I thought....what? The cover model looks sexy and older than I imagine Snow to be. I would give this cover a C.
I would recommend this series to paranormal romance lovers who like reading about "necking" in the bloody way. If you like this book, I recommend the Garnet Lacey series. 


1 comment:

x_ROSH125_x said...

Hey, Nice Blog..!! Saw you on goodreads.com

I've clicked to 'join this site' and follow you. Would really appreciate a click follow back @

http://supernova125.blogspot.co.uk/

Many thanks and all the best. Look forward to reading.

x_ROSH125_x